Saturday, August 4, 2012

Time for the Fair

I am not sure I am ready for the fair. While the remainder of the country has been sweltering our summer has been rainy, windy and cool. There have been a few warm and even a couple of hot days but I have worn jeans more than capris this summer than in past summers.

Fair time marks the beginning of the end of summer, I see a few yellow leaves making their appearance and I am just not ready for yellow leaves. I am ready for a bit more sunshine.

But back to the fair, we went. Here are the pictures for proof.

The first pictures are actually at home before leaving for the fair, everyone had on their hoodie for it was a cloudy and cool day.

Benjamin wearing Daddy’s boots.

040

Judith Rae wearing her Kentucky hoodie

042

Elisabeth wearing her Creation Museum hoodie

044

Levi in his birthday hoodie

049

I even broke out my one and only hoodie but no one took my picture.

Here is my crew eating at the fair, I just don’t love most fair food. Call me a food snob, next year we will eat food at home and each one get his/her favorite treat.

054

After eating we were off to the animal barns, we first visited the rabbits, goats and sheep barn to see the rabbit of a friend.

055

Benjamin looking at a goat.

058

Look at these fancy duds. Every year the fair has a different theme with something to do with vegetables or animals. This year the theme was…”Age of Asparagus”

061

Our little guy in his miner “hard” hat.

062

Benjamin wanted to see horses but not many were in their stalls yet, we found this one to visit.

068069

A nice lady at the poultry barn let Benjamin pet her chicken. Have I mentioned that I would like to have chickens?

074

We didn’t get to see pigs, cows and our friend’s market turkey because they were all being weighed so that barn was closed to the public.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had fun, that is great. Sorry you have had such cool weather. We have been really hot, but at least we've had lots of sun, for that I am happy. I hope you warm up some before your fall starts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny that everyone has their own themed hoodie. Glad you had fun. Jeff hates paying fair prices for food, and it's usually the oddest thing -- I usually crave health food when I'm there. Maybe it's from seeing everyone eating all those fried foods on a stiok. The big MN State Fair is always the last 10 days of summer (thru Labor Day).

    Our temps are suddenly dropping, I'm guessing it might be an early fall, however, anything cooler than the hot heat we have been having now feels cold. I was even chilly in church this morning. And yes, leaves started changing here too about 3 weeks ago. It seems early, and usually I hate to see summer leave, but this year I'm welcoming fall. It seems like summer is leaving us fast, but Jenn just reminded me that Labor Day is just around the corner, and then school again. Farewell Dear Summer! (sob, sob) Oh well, it's been a good summer, hot, but good. ♥

    ReplyDelete