Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Question That Warrants a Post

Hi! Every now and again I get a comment question that needs to be answered as a post all of its own. Sharity asked if the Christmas decorations stay up year round in our town of North Pole. The answer is yes and no. We have very cute street lights that are shaped and painted like candy canes, those stay up year round. Then, there is the Santa Claus House that is decorated for Christmas all year long as the name would imply. I mean the tourists have to experience some of our little town Christmas feel even in the summer time when they come by the multitudes to our little town to see Santa Claus. But for the most part the town looks fairly normal, if you call candy cane light posts normal. There are not Christmas lights in the summer since the lights cannot be seen due to twenty plus hours of sunlight in the summer. Oh, how I miss those long hours of sunlight, thankfullly we are gaining and within a month our days will be much longer, oh I long for that day. Back to Christmas decorations, Wendy's is decorated for Christmas year around and there may be a few other places that keep the decor up year round but I cannot recall at this point since most places are decorated, oh, the post office keeps a little Christmas up year round but very little.
And one last thing, Carrie, I miss you too!

4 comments:

  1. That's fun to know. It looks like the Santa House has quite the business there. But now I'm hungry for Wendy's - thanks Melissa. haha. I'm looking forward to long summer days too. We can tell it's getting a little longer, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting. I was wondering the same thing, glad you wrote a post about it.

    ReplyDelete