Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Candy Science

Judith picked out a candy science experiment kit for Christmas, science/Christmas gift, when I saw that on her list that was and “I am ordering that” Some day they will catch on but until then.  I will love these days.

I only got the cooking pictures on my phone and the proper cord for my phone is not next the computer so that will not be posted here, sorry.

All the photos here are actually the final step, oops.

First, Judith and I measured the sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar and water into a saucepan to cook to 300 degrees.

Then, we added food coloring and bubble gum flavoring. The candy turned out her favorite color.

101_5941

Pulling and cutting.

101_5945

101_5946

 

101_5950

Word is that this is yummy stuff, I will take their word for it, they are professional candy tasters, they should know.

101_5954

I think she was enjoying herself.

IMG_2565IMG_2566

 

Next on the list of experiments to try: Gummies.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like they had fun, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the gummies a kit too? Where did you order it from? Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! My kids would love this. Holly

    ReplyDelete