Friday, January 13, 2012

The Cold Is A Comin'

We have a cold weekend in the forecast. Now, I don't mean a normal -20 temperature, -20 is liveable, really it is and no I haven't drank any koolaid lately. We are used to -20, but we have -50 being predicted for Sunday and the temperature has been dropping all day. The windows tell me the temperature is dropping, I don't even have to look at the thermometer or call the time/temperature number, I just check the windows and they say the temp is dropping and the sky is blue, no clouds often means very cold. I pray it waits until later tonight to drop drastically because my wonderful husband is out on a snow machine looking for a moose today. Once he gets home the temperature can drop as low as it cares to drop. We are prepared for a weekend inside, we can clean if nothing else!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is cold. For us too, when there is no clouds it gets quite cold. I hope your hubby made it home before it got too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking forward to this cold weather. But, it does mean I can stay home with good excuse for the next few days. Devin had to go to town today and he has to work tomorrow. I had him stop and get some flares, just in case. He should have had them already, but I didn't think about it until today. I am making homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. It's a good soup day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, my windows tell me how cold it is, or at least that it is colder than -20. Time to start rotating fans again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! Sorry about your extreme cold, but glad Otis got a moose! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to ask... a great Northern Lights was predicted for the other day... did that really happen and if so did you get to see it?!?!?! You are in Alaska-- it was suppose to be best viewed from there... I have ALWAYS wanted to see them... I'm not quite willing to move to the freezing artic tundra though... :) I'm quite happy down here in Georgia!

    Michelle (shelley4pu) from Good Morning Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the Northern Lights, I went forgot to look out before I went to bed.

      Delete