Monday, February 1, 2010

We had a weekend?

Honestly, did we have a weekend? I guess we did but it doesn't seem as though we did.
Friday I had an oncologist appointment, talked to the doctor she wants to refer me to an endocrinologist in Seattle. We will see how that goes, there isn't anything new, she just wants me to see a doctor that only deals with thyroid. She also had blood taken but that is the extent of my visit with my doctor.
Saturday, the family rode snow machines and came home in time for me to leave to go to a baby shower. I came home and cooked dinner and clean the kitchen and prep dinner for the crock pot for Sunday morning and  gave  hair cuts to the male family members and ironed clothes and gave baby a bath and sat up late with an unable to stay asleep teething baby. Bless his heart, it took him a while and throughout the night he would cry out in his sleep but thankfully he slept through the night once he found sleep. I though, was exhausted!  I was very thankful to pull into the garage after morning services to the smell of roast.
Sunday, was church. After dinner, I slept and baby slept, baby and I even stayed home Sunday evening.
Now it is Monday and my husband is home today. He has a different schedule this week and next so we are doing a little schedule shuffling. I am cleaning and cooking and laundering today. I have needed a day like this, it is kind of like a Saturday. Oh, I made 1 loaf of French bread for dinner tonight, 2 loaves of whole wheat bread, 1 9x13 pan of brownies, Pioneer Woman's meatball recipe (doubled, so I will have meatballs in the freezer for a later day).
 
May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your visit with the doctor went well. I know what you mean about not having a weekend when it is so busy. I am finding that by Monday we are worn out and it affects our learning a lot. Have a good week.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. I hope your little guy gets his teeth in soon so he can rest. Poor critter and poor mama!


    I am wondering if you know a homeschooling mom up there by the name of Charlotte Porter? My husband grew up with her family in Illinois. I just found out yesterday that she lives in or near North Pole.


    Have a great week!


    Carol

    ReplyDelete