Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On a soap box

Okay, I've been thinking, sorry but sometimes I do that.
In the blogsphere there are many Titus 2 themed blogs...I don't have a problem with them at all, I like them, I read some of them. What I am really wondering is how many Christian women really read and study and practice that portion of scripture? Really, how many? Has it just become a  catch phrase like the "Proverbs 31 woman" ? I am at an age where I am both a younger learning woman but yet I am in some instances the older woman. I have friends much older than myself and I have friends that are my age and I have much younger friends as well. Still thinking.
My older women teach me and they also challenge me, they are patient with me and they also love and lead by their examples. I love spending time with these women, I want my girls to be around these women to know these women and the God that these women serve. I love listening to their experiences and I have one such friend who is quite a bit older than I and I LOVE for my family to go to this woman's home when she has need of my Husband's handyman or mechanical skills. She tells them wonderful stories of her life growing up and of her husband(who has already passed away) and of her children and grandchildren. Then there is our special friend who comes to our home and spends time with us and on projects with the kids. She is a jewel. She loves us all but especially our Blessings! These women are precious to me. They show me how I can be of encouragement to someone some day in the way they are to me. So, take time to spend with someone, learn from them or teach them, listen to someone or talk to someone, pray with or for someone. This world is not our home and we are just passing through but, are we passing through in a way that makes a difference or are we just racing to the finish line passing everyone and everything by without paying any attention?



May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Good question. Right now, I am always feeling as if I have so much going on in my own life that it is impossible to stop and help another. I am praying that things will settle down after the move and I will be able to give back. You are tremendously blessed to have the older ladies in your life. I have found that lacking in my own. This makes me want to try harder to be that woman to a younger woman, but then I am back to where I am so busy with my own life! The cycle is hard to break.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have those sweet relationships in your life.


    Good question and I'm having a hard time replying/explaining as I keep retyping. I'm thankful to have encouraging relationships but don't often think of them as Titus 2 in terms of the age and experience.


    I'll have to ponder this more.


    Blessings

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My interview and weekend went very well. They offered me the job and we will be moving up there in the next couple of months. If you ever come down our way, I'd love to meet you.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete