Monday, August 18, 2008

Clear

Today's post op appointment went well with all the leftover steri-strips removed and a great feeling of freedom. I was also given the clearance to drive and lift again. Yahoo!! That is pure freedom to me. It was nice to be able to do a little laundry and not ask someone else to lift the basket and to empty the dish washer and put all the dishes away by myself.


Tomorrow is the first day of school. I am excited about this new to us curriculum (Winter Promise) that I purchased for blessing #3, as any real life friends reading this knows, she is very hands on and needs to be "doing something" constantly. I think this curriculum will be a great fit for her. Winter Promise is very Charlotte Mason based and we will be using their Hideaways in History for first grade this year. A couple of friends are also using the same curriculum so we will be able to ask questions back and forth as the year progresses. One of the things that blessing #3 is looking forward to is all of the "building" of things (ie, caves, pyramids, igloos, etc.) to go along with the history overview we will be journeying through this year. One of our friends using this curriculum ordered the boxes to be used as suggested in the book, we picked them up tonight and couldn't bring them all home due to size and quantity. What will we do with all these flat card board pieces? I don't know but I do know we will enjoy them through out the school year. And I am thankful that I will not have to scrounge around town looking for the right size boxes each week. I am thankful for my friend who already orders regularly from this company for their families' business.  I will definitely be posting pictures of our little projects for your viewing pleasure.


Can you tell I feel better by the length of these last two posts? It is truely wonderful to feel like I am supposed to feel.   


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad for you! I remember praying for you back in July when you posted about this. I'm so glad I logged on when I did and saw your post. Enjoy your "normal" week!


    God bless!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing these creations. I have not heard of this curriculum. I have a hands on girl too. I need to figure out ways to keep those hands busy. So glad to hear things went well. What kind of follow up will you have?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete