Friday, July 11, 2008

My news

I apologize for my delay in sharing my news here. It has just taken me a couple of days to digest what has been put on my plate. I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer on Wednesday. From what my family has been reading on this cancer, it is the best one to have as it is not aggressive and acts rather benign. Where do we go from here? Not quite sure today. I have my regular monthly OB appointment on Monday as well as an appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor to discuss where we go from here. I do know that the cancer has to be removed but there shouldn't be any other treatment necessary. Until I know more.....


May the Lord find us faithful.

5 comments:

  1. I will pray that the appointments go well and that the doctors have great wisdom in this matter. :-) (((hugs)))

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying!!!! We love you so much!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be a shocker! I'll keep you in my prayers. I'm glad it tends to keep a more benign course.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are continuing to pray for and your family. Thanks for updating me today. Let me know how we can help! I love you! sc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened across your blog and decided to do some reading when I saw pregnancy and cancer. I am mother of ten children. In my twenties I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. I also had surgery on my neck and a year of chemo. I am so glad that you do not have to have chemo, especially since you are pregnant. God bless you and your little one!

    ReplyDelete