Thursday, June 26, 2008

News on the homefront

Edited 6/26/08:


I just called the ear, nose and throat doctor's office and I will not be having the actual needle test thingie and they were able to get me into the office a day earlier so I will not have to take time out of blessing #2's birthday to go to the doctor. I should be able to get the needle test sometime within a week of next weeks appointment.


Also, I attempted to make banana muffins this morning and they looked beautiful BUT I forgot the sugar. So much for cooking yet!! I so wanted a muffin.  I do have three more bananas so I may go make one more attempt.


 


Well, I have been wondering why since my morning sickness went away at about week 12, why do I still feel yucky and have this tight feeling in my throat at week 15 and now 16. Well, last week I called and explained my difficult to explain symptoms to my ob/gyn's nurse and she suggested that I call my family practice doctor about this, so I made another call and began to explain my odd and difficult to explain symptoms again. Tuesday was my appointment with a PA, he listened, asked lots of questions and examined me and consulted with another PA. I was sent for lab work and an ultrasound was scheduled for Wednesday. I knew that the ultrasound tech had seen something when she asked me if one side bothered me more than the other. It was a relief in some ways to know that something really is there causing me all these problems. I do have a small cystic mass and will be having a fine needle aspiration next Wednesday to test this mass. The PA said my thyroid blood levels are normal and the fact that the mass is cystic is good? It doesn't take the discomfort away but I know that there is something  there and that there is an end in sight.


On a happy note, today is our 15th anniversary. And also anniversary to our friends as well, although they have been married a few more years than we have!!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Our 17th is coming up soon.


    So glad to hear that you will finally get some relief with your throat. I will pray for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying things go well. I am sorry you have to go through this right now. I am also glad that they found something that can be taken care of.

    Blessings,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is hard to believe yours is at 15th, that makes me married forever!!!!!! Miss ya so much.

    ReplyDelete