Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Putting it all togethr

I have been attempting to figure out why I still feel yucky sometimes. I am quite aware that many women feel ill their entire pregnancy but that has not normally been my case in the past. I have scheduled a DR appointment at my family practice office to attempt to figure out if the feeling in my lower throat is an acid reflux problem or some other problem or just a by product of this pregnancy. Either way, I need to figure out what is going on for my own peace of mind. I do ask for you to pray for our baby and myself. I am older now and at higher risk for many things that just weren't the case before. I am also overweight and really desire to not gain too much weight. I am walking about 4-5 days a week and now that I can stand to be in the kitchen more, I have begun to eat better than the first trimester, many more fruits and veggies. I am not making bread again yet, and that may not happen until post delivery and I am fine with that. I did actually cook food last night and washed and prepped fruit and veggies from the store as well. I made a great discovery for veggie buying. My only stop yesterday was Sam's, I ran out of energy for my usual multi-store shopping, I was trying to purchase a variety of veggies for salad but of course everything at Sam's comes in huge quantities and I know we would not eat 5 pounds of baby carrots before they became mush. I then discovered the veggie platter. Only 8.88 and we had pre chopped veggies. This has greatly made my life easier. We pulled it out for lunch and the blessings had carrots and broccoli and blessing #1 chopped some carrots for a salad for me. As long as the blessings pull things out of the fridge and return them for me I am okay.  Tonight dinner: Rotisserie chicken and salad with fresh strawberries for dessert. I am not back but I am on the road to keeping home again.!! Yahoo!


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so relieved you are doing a little better. If we were wealthy, K would have already been there, wait, so would I...........=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved you are doing a little better. If we were wealthy, K would have already been there, wait, so would I...........=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to talk to you today. Yes, we will do Brats soon. You sound really good. Just take your time and heal as the Lord and your body desire.


    Let me know If you need me to do anything. Okay?


    Love,

    Lynn

    www.earlswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are doing better! I like the pre-cut veggie idea. I've been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables to avoid the extra pounds, but sometimes it is just such a hassle. I too try to avoid the bulk-buying since it so often spoils. Your solution sounds great. I'll have to check the prices at Costco, where we have a membership.

    ReplyDelete