Tuesday, July 25, 2006

School prep

Good morning to you,


No jelly making to day, I have a sick child, we had to cancel violin and we will not be going into town. No pectin, no jelly.


We are gearing up for school to start. I am going to run down what we use.


I am planning for my Kindergartener and 1st grader to follow the amblesideonline.org booklist and schedule for year 1. I am not quite so sure about my 3rd grader yet. (I am classically and Charlotte Mason minded, alot of overlap with both and I am trying to figure out where I stand on the differences! I love the concept of the gentle art of learning!!!!) So,


Bible:


The Bible


Character Sketches


 


Phonics:


I have used Scardey Cat Reading system last year and will continue on.....


I might use Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons with my younger 2


 


Grammar:


Maybe Rod and Staff? 3rd grader


 


Math:


All- Math-U-See


 


Science:


Apologia- Exploring Creation with Astronomy


 


History:


Mystery of History vol. 1 Chronological Study


 


Foreign Language:


Hey Andrew, Teach me some Greek


 


Penmanship:


We have StartWrite


 


Writing:


Writing Strands


 


Along with nature study, artist and composer study, narrations


 


We are making notebooks little by little. Last year I focused on Science with our oldest blessing. (We also worked on a timeline notebook a little, more on that this year)


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog . . . I'm glad I'm not the only one with bad days.


    Hey, it looks like you have your year fairly well lined-out. Congrats! This is my first year hsing so I opted for the "year in a box" from Sonlight (AKA Core Ultra). It had almost everything I needed. After this year, I will have a better feel for what works and what doesn't. I have great admiration for those, like you, who are able to piece together a cirriculum. :D

    ReplyDelete