Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Learning

If any one would have told me 20 years ago what I would be doing now I would have laughed and thought they were crazy. I only knew one person who was homeschooled and they were very strange, and the reason they homeschooled was mysterious.


I am learning so much from homeschooling the blessings. I am researching everyday, reading about education "genres" and seeking what works for us and how and what to teach the blessings, how to be Biblibally balanced, teach the word of God to our children so they have a firm foundation on which to serve God. I am not looking to raise "good" kids, our goal is to raise useful servants of God. We do not seek to raise kids like everyone else, the goal is to go beyond the status quo. Not for our glory but for God's glory, they are his not ours.


On another subject, I am trying very diligently to get back into some kind of routine. I miss our daily schedule where chores and violin practice fall into place without much thought. We are taking baby steps to get there, inch by inch.


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment