Monday, December 3, 2012

One of Those Days

Today was one of those Mondays.
The temperature was around -40°F all. day.long.
We were supposed to take Levi to computer class but the cancel class temperature cut off was -35° but the teacher had class anyway but we stayed home. The Blessings were supposed to play piano at the long term care center at  the hospital but we were staying home.
I just didn't have it in me today, I was grumpy and I just wanted to sit and knit. I really wanted to sit and watch movies and knit, but someone had to lead by example so we had school.
I cooked dinner and football was watched. I made homemade tortillas because the store bought ones were moldy. The day is looking up!
I didn't eat breakfast early enough.
I had to rip a knitting project off the needles as I made a mistake.
Then, the toilet overflowed and after everything was cleaned up we (the man and I) talked about how these little annoyances are so minor. We are so blessed and so thankful.
My heart is heavy for so many friends who have major issues in their lives. My day wasn't so bad after all. It was quite lovely and I will be thankful.

3 comments:

  1. So good to be thankful in all situations! Even though -40's are incomprehensible to me, I'm always glad to know you are able to carry on. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so allowed grumpy days once in a while. I had one this weekend. No matter what I did, I couldn't get over being grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had days like that, many times. :) Glad it looked up after a while. And I do agree with Jenn, I really can't comprehend -40. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete