Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Just popping in at the end of Christmas Day to leave a few phone pics.
Yesterday, cinnamon rolls were dropped off by a dear friend and tucked away for a Christmas morning reheat (they were yummy!) I also made an egg/sausage egg braid to reheat to go along with the cinnamon rolls. This morning these two dishes were placed in the oven to warm while we opened stockings and gifts. After breakfast we sat around for a bit and then it was time for me to ready myself for the cooking. And cook I did. It was like Thanksgiving but more work as we only had one other family coming. But we will have leftovers for a couple of days!
We had our big meal and retreated to the family room. Eventually we played some games, the kids more than adults. After the kitchen was cleaned I was ready for dessert and knitting. I finished a hat for Elisabeth today!
Then the electricity went out for about 5 minutes, my husband hung this flashlight so we could see. And the Blessings scrambled for their headlamps. 
Pictures: light hanging in the darkness  I am thankful for The Light that came into this dark world to be Salvation for mankind.
Benjamin and Daddy with the little guy's personality shining bright
Benjamin playing with a game.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas. Glad your power was only out for about 5 minutes and that you have lights to use when it does go out. :)

    ReplyDelete