Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ignoring the Blog

Since my last post, I have pretty much ignored my blog. Mostly because I had to and then because I had to catch up on everyday stuff.
We returned home from our trip to the lower 48 on April 26th and my husband left for the lower 48 again on May 6th. The first week went well, the snow was gone, the days were long and so was my "Husband is gone" to do list. I had grand plans, cleaning, purging, painting. And then on Tuesday, May 8th, all four children woke up stuffy and Levi had a headache and was just not feeling well. Wednesday we took it easy but Levi and Elisabeth had baseball assessments so we ventured out for that. Thursday was a so so day but no one felt great. Friday, the 11th, we headed out for a living history civil war day. By the end of the morning, Levi was ready to go home and every thing went down hill from there. He spent Friday and Saturday on the couch. On Mother's Day we headed to the clinic that is open 365 days a year and we received a diagnosis of type B influenza. Seriously? Yep, this happens almost every time my husband leaves the state. I will interject here, you know your children a growing up when they apologize for being sick on Mother's Day and that you can't go to church and that you don't get your annual Mother's Day lunch.
Monday morning we wake up to everyone but me feeling worn out but not quite sick yet. Tuesday the remaining family members were at the clinic.
The oldest three had full blow flu but Benjamin and I were caught very early on and the meds they prescribe helped up have a much shorter illness and fewer symptoms. By the time I had my two down days my older ones were feeling better and able to help entertain the little guy and I never went down and stayed down like the Blessings did. I am thankful that I was able to do a few things each day with down times throughout the day. We missed two Sundays of church and one full week of baseball practices. And, we were all well by the time my husband flew back home on May 25th.

Now we are in the middle of baseball season, practice and games every evening and two are playing this year. Elisabeth is playing baseball this year, and she loves it! I will take the sick stay at home days and be thankful that Daddy is home to divide and conquer the two baseball schedules!

3 comments:

  1. You've had your difficulties for sure! Glad you're all better and reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that almost your whole month was shot, and Mother's Day to boot. Although, I must say that until about 3 years ago -- now that the girls are older, otherwise we never "celebrated" Mother's Day, I know it's not really that big of a deal, but it makes it harder when one hears about all the wonderful things other children/hubands are doing for their mother/wife and we're not receiving the same. At least your children acknowledged it, that means a lot. I hope you all stay well for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, so sorry for all the sickness. Glad that everyone is feeling better now. It's great that your husband is now home and you guys can work on the baseball schedule together. I hope you all stay well and healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete