Sunday, June 24, 2012

Various and Sundry Pictures and Living

 

Oh my, where does the time go? I rarely sit down with a computer anymore. Summer in Alaska means go, go and then go a little more.

Our May was crazy with five of us having influenza and Dad being out of town. That said, on Memorial Day I went to lunch with a friend and Daddy and the crew did one of their favorite activities, target practice. This is a pretty good looking crew.

189

Elisabeth played her first baseball game. She is enjoying playing.

125

Getting ready to bat.

181

Someone has either a practice or game every night so that means one parent to a practice and one to a game on nights that a game is in town. Benjamin and I spent some time throwing football one night during Elisabeth’s practice.

203208

Our home school program had the annual end of year picnic and we ended with a train ride around Pioneer Park.

226228

Summer reading program is in full swing at the local library. One week was the museum without walls. I forgot how simple it is to keep a three year old occupied. I made a mental note of some of the activities for those summer afternoons.

277

280

I have one flower bed and I pretty much refuse to spend much money if any for annual flowers. I dig up perennials from around our yard and move them into the garden and I glean from the abundance of the gardens of friends. The bed is finally coming along to my liking. I still need to add a few things to balance things out but I am happy with where the bed is going.

311

312

313

Those horrible dirt piles at the baseball fields are a magnet to this three year old. He goes home filthy but he has so much fun!

332334

Last night Judith and Benjamin and I spent practice riding and walking. I am not sure how far this little guy pedaled but we moved for over an hour (minus the few minutes we spent inside the library).

551

553

554

557

Out in front of the library.

560

I am not sure if I believe this sign but we have had a toasty warm week. I think the temperature was a few degrees cooler.

567

Elisabeth “walking” to first tonight.

593

Half of our crew are at the Goldpanners Midnight Sun baseball game. Played without lights and first pitch is thrown at 10:30 PM. This will be a first for our family, well for half of our family. Elisabeth has already caught a ball, love texting for that fact, I can know what happens as it happens. I am using this time to update the old blog and get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you do sound busy with all the sports activities. I wouldn't be able to stay awake for the Midnight Sun game.

    Your flower garden is looking very nice!

    I understand trying to fit in all the summer you can while it's here, before we know it, winter will be at our doorstep (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are very busy. I really like the pictures though, very nice. I hope your summer continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete