Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Thankful and Sad at the Same Time

Tonight the Dora Rae pulls out of our driveway for the last time. She has been sold. I thank the Lord for bringing a buyer our way. We tried to sell her last summer and fall but the timing was never right. As soon as my husband returned home from his last trip he posted the boat for sale again. She is going to a nice couple who are planning their retirement in southern, coastal Alaska. May she bring them many enjoyable days afloat.
Why are we selling? Four out of six of us get seasick, we aren't sure of Benjamin yet, and our dreams of great family trips with this boat quickly vanished. We held onto her because my husband loved her and the halibut was quite yummy. She hasn't left our driveway in a few years and we still had halibut in our freezer thanks to charters and friends with boats. And, my husband needs a new four wheeler and the entire family can use and enjoy that!  She will sail on with new owners and a new name. I think a new four wheeler will be found within a couple of weeks.


3 comments:

  1. That's too bad, but like you said, you can do other things together, like four wheeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hard to give things up like that, but I like your thinking on it. I'm sure your four wheeler will be great, I can't wait to see the pictures of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's too bad, but there's nothing worse than being sea sick, I think. I'm sure a new 4-wheeler will see some happy times ahead.

    ReplyDelete