Friday, May 11, 2012

Pictures from the trip taken with my phone

I finally took the time tonight to upload from my phone. There may be some repeats here but here we go!

This woman, ME, could not make it through security at the airport. Yep, I beeped when I went through the detector. Here is what I was wearing. I received a pat down, not fun. My older children had to take care of all of our carry on baggage and their little brother while I received a pat down. This is not during my pat down, I am sure that the agents would not allow that. This is me in the Atlanta airport after flying for too many hours to recount. I am tired, I had spilled my Chick-fil-a sweet tea all over my shoes after walking a very long distance to purchase said sweet tea and a sandwich. I know you are waiting to hear, I did not receive another pat down when I returned home. I wore the exact same outfit with one minor undergarment change…

10331034

Pa-Pa and her cousin

1045

Pa-Pa and K and my first Panera Bread experience just before taking K to the airport to go back to college. She should have dropped out and vacationed with me, just kidding!

1052

Pa-Pa and I in front of The Oasis, a pizza place.

1055

My cousin, Mel and I.

1062

Cousins, a new sweet word for my Blessings!

1065

We gave up trying to get the youngest two in, here are the photo trained cousins!

1070

Benjamin having a little down time while everyone got ready for the day.

1086

While we were there my father-in-law at surgery, this huge board was outside of the UT medical center to show support for Pat Summit and her recent alzhimer’s diagnosis, the Blessings signed, I took pictures.

10871088

We traveled in comfort!

1090

Nantahala Lake in North Carolina

1129

The view of the lake from where we stayed. Loved that porch!

1141

Lots of family at church, Grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. We took up more than one pew! I also kept getting introduced to distant relatives in this church that had the same last name as we do.

1156

More cousin photos!

1163

The kids in the General Lee, Benjamin didn’t care that the doors opened, he wanted to climb out!

1220

My Aunt and I.

1224

Benjamin and my niece playing on the organ, the same one that I played on when I was his age.

1234

Benjamin got his first barber shop haircut. I had never been in a barber shop before.

1237

We had dinner with my brother and his wife and girls. More cousins!! We love cousins!

12511266

Oh, and more cousins, they were trying to build a human pyramid, fun times!

1362

9 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa, you look so suspicious. I got wanded once too. They said it was my "long flowing skirt." Okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting wanded is way better than the pat down. I agree, profiling was a better option.

      Delete
  2. Wow, an undergarment change, really? I like the pictures, looks like you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have beeped before and they just wanded me and sent me on and said it couldn't be my underwire. This time I didn't say anything about that and got the pat down.

      Delete
  3. I lost my very best (expensive!) embroidery scissors once b/c I forgot they were in my husband's carry-on bag! I miss them terribly, but I'm too tight to buy another pair :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for cousins! What a fun time you all must have had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phone pictures are fun, spontaneous! Sorry about the security issues. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm NOT happy with rediclous airport security, a position where common sense is NOT a job qualification. Otherwise your vacation looks wonderful - thanks for the show & tell. Are both you and your husband originally from NC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither of us are from NC but my husbands Dad lives there.

      Delete