Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Week in Review or the good, the bad and the ugly




Since Sunday is the first day of the week I will begin there. It is moose season, my wonderful husband was out moose hunting. Setting the scene here...
After church on Sunday morning we came home and found that the dog had tummy trouble, yep, diarrhea. Lovely! So, I begin preliminary searching and marking and cleaning what was on the hard flooring. After the substance was found and cleaned or marked, I washed my hands, thought you would like to know that, and began lunch. After we ate I got Benjamin down for a nap and began the process of cleaning the carpet that was effected. Fun, fun. Just so you know how my brain works...I have had the couch on the short list of things to clean, since I rarely get to the short list the couch has remained uncleaned. Since Benjamin takes a long nap on Sunday and since the carpet cleaning machine was already out, I cleaned the couch.
Before leaving for evening service, we closed off all the carpeted areas (bedrooms) and hoped this was a one time deal...it wasn't. When we returned home I had to clean and then mop, more fun. Why does this happen when the man of the house is out attempting to bring home the moose? Oh well.
I finally make it to bed...school starts Monday, remember? Oh yes, it does.
Monday morning I wake up to more dog tummy troubles, how do I sleep through such things? Oh well, more carpet cleaning in a third room...before starting school. Thankfully, I got up early enough as to not get started too late. The Blessings are such troopers! They must be being prepared for some kind of crazy life full of a need to be flexible since they are learning plenty of that from living with me. School starts, new schedules, plans, etc. We make it through the day but I got grumpy once or maybe twice. Benjamin was a wee bit clingy before his bath and after, usually a sign he is getting sick.
Tuesday morning we were up and out for piano, which is usually on Monday but since Monday was Labor Day we had a day change. No new tummy trouble, yay! I keep Benjamin and I in the van while the kids switch in and out of an hour and forty five minutes of piano lessons. He seems fine but you never know. After piano, we go pick up some mason jars I was buying from a lady I found on craigslist, stop to pick up our immune boosters and a few groceries. Home for lunch, naps and school while Benjamin naps. This schedule thing I have worked out is working well. I will have to work up a post about it after I figure it all out to make sense to someone else. Benjamin doesn't sleep long and he is warm when he does wake up. He and I are off to my bed for a video, he stays there pretty much all evening, yep, he is sick. Just a low grade fever and not active, thankfully that is all that it was. I was also fighting something off so that is why I must have been grumpy on Monday. I do not sleep well because I am still apprehensive about the dog and I have a sick baby in my room. I was up late and early with the dog, not a great night's sleep.
Wednesday I slept in until Benjamin woke up since I was grasping for any sleep I could get. Another late starting day, ugh! My older Blessings gave me a small sliver of light that all the teaching and training was sinking in. They kept their little brother out of harm's way and they started working through their school day and were even flexible enough (I see a theme here...I am a mess) to have our "morning meeting" after lunch and totally flip flop the school day. I was one thankful praying lady that day, I needed the Lord to give me that tiny sliver of hope that the work will pay off. Wednesday evening was church and first night of kids club for the girls so I sat in the parking lot since Benjamin wasn't twenty four hours out of his fever yet. Although he was 98% improved, yipee! Once we arrived home I pushed to finish a project. I straightened up and vacuumed and mopped the hallway, family room and both bathrooms. I am much more effective in the evening.
Thursday started fine but I was still not on top of my game...another slow morning, but productive. The kids worked through some science experiments while I sat and found my focus for the day. Once we finished with school work for the day we had time for free time. I did laundry and made dinner and did some school things online for a few. After dinner we headed out for some berry picking. We came back in and had baths and bedtime. Here I sit typing up this extremely long post and attempting a weekly review before the week is finished, but that's okay. Friday will be busy.
The plan, up and have some lesson time. Out the door for Benjamin's library time then off to town for a pottery class for the girls.
Pretty great week if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. You're so busy! and honest. :o) I'll miss you and I'm glad I can keep up with you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm tired just reading about all you did. Glad everyone is feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete