Thursday, September 8, 2011

Garden and Getting it Together

We had a light frost catch me unaware…I often ignore the outside world, including the weather. Much of the garden was unharmed but the zucchini, pumpkins and a few other things had to be harvested right away.

Judith pulled the carrots from her garden patch.

101_4825

 

Levi pulled all his corn…about 20 ears in all, not sure how many are edible but the ones we ate the other night were yummy! Probably only about one good meal here.

101_4826101_4834

I had cut about half of the celery on Saturday and this finished off the celery patch.  I have 14 1/2 quarts of celery in the freezer.
101_4839

My Mom left on Friday night so Friday afternoon to get my mind off the fact that she was leaving I created a big ole mess to distract myself. I took all of the school stuff out of the school closet for a good going through and replacement. If you are a super organized person, this probably still looks bad to you, but believe me, it is an improvement.

101_4841101_4842101_4845

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that corn looks good, and lots of celery, cool. I do like to organize and I think you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete