Friday, February 11, 2011

Week in Review

Monday- A day at home with the usual school work. The kids slept a little later so, of course, we got a later start to our day. Caribou processing after dinner.
Tuesday-Our "out" day! Piano lessons for the three Blessings, then off to Sam's Club for shopping and pizza, then to Fred Meyer for the rest of our groceries, but wait there is more, next, to the weekly homeschool ice skating time which means walking for about an hour for my little buddy and I (I walk, he rides in the stoller). Then, home for unloading the van and putting things away and Dad's birthday dinner. Eating Dad's birthday dinner then cake and ice cream. More caribou processing.
Wednesday-Finished assembly of HS in the Woods Time Travelers New World Explorers lapbook and notebook!! Yay, we are finished with a project. Colonial Times begins on Monday! Church on Wednesday night. I got to see a dear precious lady, who is in town. That is always a treat!
Thursday- A great school day!!! Lots of things accomplished. The girls were invited to make cookies with our wonderful Pastor's Wife. After they make cookies, our Pastor comes in for a "tea party" with the girls and his wife. Precious times. The boys and I worked on a little project I needed to work on and then we left to go pick up our new ice maker at the parts store and to pick up a snack while waiting for the girls to finish. Finished caribou processing after dinner. Finished!!!!
Friday- My wonderful husband gave me some time to leave home alone! I spent a couple of hours with a friend working on a project with her. So much fun! I spent a little quiet time alone and then I stopped at a store before heading home. I was only away for a few hours, but such a time of refreshment for me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice busy week, Melissa, with some good memories thrown in. :)

    I didn't measure. On the advice of someone on the forum, I am waiting til Sunday! Or longer. If I don't see any changes, that will be just too discouraging. I'd be better of to just keep going and not look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did keep busy this week! How is your memory passage coming along? You go to a very neat church. I am making cookies today with Grace to bring to grandma in the nursing home tomorrow. I am glad you enjoy some time away. It's always fun to come home though.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun busy week! I've just been made aware of a homeschool ice skating time in our area. I thought we might check it out. The boys have never been and it's been ages since I've put on ice skates. It should be interesting!

    Blessings!
    Sharity

    ReplyDelete