Monday, June 28, 2010

A recipe

Jenny over at Frontier Freedom has a new weekly recipe share and she has some yummy rhubarb recipes posted that I cannot wait to try.

I should be posting about our trip last week but posting a recipe is much faster and I am tired and ready for some sleep.

So, here is a favorite treat of ours, something we don't eat very often.

Ham and Cheese Snacks
2 packages dinner rolls
1 pound ham
8 ounces cheddar or Swiss cheese
Sauce:
1 stick margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. minced onion
2 Tbsp. Mustard
1 Tbsp. Poppy seeds
dash of salt and pepper

Mix sauce together. Slice rolls in half. Baste bottom of pans with sauce. Place bottom layer of rolls in pan. Place ham and cheese on roll. Put on top half of rolls. Cover with sauce, the cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! It would probably work with any meat. I might try that next time I make rolls.
    Thanks for posting.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've had this, but it was in the crock pot! So yummy. Thanks for the reminder. I could do this recipe in my crock pot while camping. :-)

    ReplyDelete