Monday, January 19, 2009

Saturday....A Baby Shower

What a wonderful group of ladies we have at our church. Friday evening was our monthly Bible Study and I was able to attend and sit through the whole thing...we begin a new book each January and this year we will be studying Following God with All Your Heart by Elizabeth George. My husband drove me into town since the 80 degree warm up means nasty roads.


Saturday morning we were back at church for Blessing #4's baby shower brunch. What creative and talented ladies we have at our church. We are fortunate enough that our ladies give a baby shower for every baby born into our church family whether it be the first or the fourth. Every baby is a blessing to be celebrated. We are thankful because we were starting over from scratch.


Personally, I have never been a fan of diaper cakes until I saw this one. It was absolutely so cute, I could not believe it.


Don't you agree?


January2009060.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


A view of the tables


 


January2009065.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here is a closer view which includes my girls, check out those gumdrop topiaries.


January2009064.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here is a closer view of the big topiary.


January2009066.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


My girls and I.


 January2009070.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This is the only picture of the guest of honor on my camera.


January2009063.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


While Blessings #2, 3, and 4 and I were at the Baby Shower, Blessing #1 and Daddy were out making a big purchase. Blessing #1 spent his Christmas money on this:


January2009095.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


We were also able to borrow this wonderful swing, it is fantastic.


January2009099.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Things are getting a little more "normal" around here. Today being a federal holiday helped a little as Dad and the older blessings spent most of the day outside working in the yard or snowmachining. I was able to do a little straightening up and menu planning and prepping while baby slept. Yahoo!!  I really enjoy normal.


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. That was a very sweet theme, no pun intended. LOL, I can't wait to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how wonderful! Those are talented and creative ladies at your church. I am glad you were blesed. You are a blessing to so many.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the crocheted/knitted washcloths! I am using the rwb one now--I like its "meatier" feel. :o)

    ReplyDelete