Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our week

We have been back at schooling for four weeks but we just haven't had time to do the "extras" or "fun stuff" that really aids the learning process and really brings it alive for the blessings. Mainly, we have just been getting it done for the sake of getting it done. I received a wonderful blessing when a lady a church, who had just had some things cleared from her schedule, offered to come out and do projects, home ec, or whatever to help with our homeschooling process....what can I say but Yes!! to her and give a big YAHOO!!! to myself. This wonderful woman is giving of her time to help me and she is giving so much to my blessings. They love her and have loved her their whole lives, I am thankful for her willingness to invest her time and talents and most of all her love to my family. She is that great Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 example to me and I am so thankful that the Lord has placed her in my life. (And I am not just saying this because she reads my blog)


So, since we have not "built" anything lately, that was one of the priorities... The build was a chariot but we ended up turning it into a car before the time was up.  Progress you know, and creative license and all that. We enjoyed it and we still know about the time and people we have been studying. Here is the finished product, they have added some upgrades and the like since this, there is a gas cap and the steering wheel has been changed a little and they have it loaded full for their travels. They also made oversides cupcakes but we didn't get pictures of them. They were yummy!


January2009106.jpg picture by kaysmarmey

Blessing #1 had his own ideas, he studies a different history book so he was learning about Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the wall, here is his "booth" covered with leaves as a reminder of God's protection. This is now a fort or something like that that is on top of his bed and I often see weapons sticking out the front, maybe it is a hunting blind or something like that. I am not sure what it is as I can't keep up wtih their imaginations.


January2009109.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This is becoming more and more of a daily sight around here. I have great helpers in the kitchen, here the girls are cutting up celery for dressing. We had a turkey sitting outside in our "deep" freezer that began to thaw when we warmed up. The house smelled great yesterday and we are having turkey for dinner tonight. I cut up the onions as I don't let the girls cut them up yet.


January2009111.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And finally a post wouldn't seem right with out this guy. First here are his little shoes he had knitted for him. I think they are so adorable and I put them on him whenever I can.


January2009118.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And here he is in the "happy" seat or the swing. I love that thing and so does he.


January2009127.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Don't you just want to kiss that face? I do!!


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. How I will be kissing and holding for a whole week,

    ReplyDelete