Thursday, January 15, 2009

Feast or Famine

It seems that posts with pictures (or any post at all these days) are feast or famine with me. Please be patient as I get into a new groove.  So, what does one do when it is cold for three weeks...


The blessings get a little crafty.


January2009033.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


January2009031.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


January2009029.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Personally, I stay inside as much as possible but by Sunday I was ready for Church. I hadn't been in 4-5 weeks...I missed church. I took this picture when we pulled into the church parking lot Sunday morning.


 


January2009034.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This one was taken on the way to church. The moon was full and the ice fog was doing it's thing, but it wasn't too horrible since there was a little twilight to brighten things up a bit.


January2009039.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This picture is horrible quality but this is a moose munching a tree right across the street from our church on Sunday night, standing there right on the sidewalk in a neighborhood in town. Silly moose.


January2009042.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Monday was warmer but not too warm, somewhere around zero to 5 above. We schooled and went grocery shopping.


Wednesday was very warm and the blessings played outside for a long while. Gather as much sunlight as possible and breathe the fresh air deeply.


Here is a picture of the sky at around 3:30pm on Tuesday. I thought it was lovely.


January2009047.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


 


One blessing was sledding down the drive way and the other two were playing football.


January2009048.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Close up of football players (wearing Dad's old middle and high school jerseys)


January2009045.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The temperature was just about 32 degrees above zero. Quite a difference from -36 degrees on Sunday!!


January2009043.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 



 



Lastly, Wednesday evening Blessing #4 and I were the last ones up and I thought he looked so cute laying on the Boppy before his final diaper change before heading off to bed (where he slept a whopping 5 1/2 hours!!! Yahoo!!! and thank you buddy).


 


January2009057.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


He was a asleep when I sat him down. So precious. Daddy weighed him tonight and by Dad's calculations, he weighs 10 lbs and 8 ounces.


January2009054.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Awww-your baby is adorable! The temps where you life-NOT. Brrrrrrrr. I thought it was cold here with a high of 6 and lots of snow.

    Great pics and cute crafts. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am such a baby. I am getting all tired of this cold snap and you have had weeks of sub-zero temperatures to survive. And oh, my! Your little guy has changed so much. He is thriving! How sweet!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the pics! We saw the moose too, but no camera. Blessing #4 is so sweet! I loved seeing him at church the other day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Melissa! I love the picture of him in the boppy sleeping!!! That's awesome. And I'm so glad you're sharing pics of your world - Alaska intrigues me. And I love moose! I remember once we had a moose walking through our back yard in NH - in a residential neighborhood. Nobody knew where it came from but fish and game had to come out and "redirect" it! lol And then I actually got to eat moose...oh dear...so good. I told dh he needed to forget about the puney little deer and find a place to hunt moose! lol

    ReplyDelete