Monday, November 24, 2008

Still sleeping sporatically and Happy Thanksgiving

Here I sit at 11:30pm wide awake (I still hear blessing #1 making some noise from his bed as well). I fell asleep on the couch tonight but woke up and headed to get ready for bed. By that time, I was awake and I am still awake two hours later. What all has happened in that time frame? I  hugged, kissed and prayed with my children before I went to bed, my husband came in and turned the light on to read, his cell phone rang and I listened to him talk on the phone, blessing #3 came in with a stomach ache and by that time I got up to get something out of the freezer for tomorrow's dinner since the phone call was a confirmation from some dear out of town friends (that are in town) that they will be able to come to dinner tomorrow evening. By the time I returned from the freezer I decided to give up and read a few minutes, then my husband sent me to check on the stomach ache sufferer and now she is asleep and I am wide awake! Guess I am getting ready for those late night feedings!  A lot can happen in a short period of time around here, especially at the bedtime hour! 


Today was my weekly DR appointment. It was a quick one as he had a baby close to delivery at the hospital. The baby was measured and the heart rate taken, everything is on track and "normal". I asked a quick question and was out the door. At this point I do hope that baby waits until after Thanksgiving to make an arrival. I know I am not due yet but I am in that "delivery" zone and we wonder how much longer until baby comes.


 


victorian.jpg image by kaysmarmey

I am looking forward to my favorite holiday on Thursday even though I will not be at home doing all that wonderful cooking and preperation and decorating for the day. As I reflect on last year's Thanksgiving, I will miss the people we had here last year but this year we will be with our friends who just returned to Alaska and we will have a great day. I must remember to make and take "sweet tea" as they are northerners and do not make or drink sweet tea. Some things you have to over look in people, but they are still okay.


Pa-Pa is in our hometown to have Thanksgiving with her family and I do wish we could be there to have the time with our families and see Pa-Pa and K as well, but it just wasn't to be this year.


I do not know if I will have much free time over the next couple of days to post as I will be doing a little cooking to take to share and a little school work has to be done, etc..... But I will post if there is any baby news to report.


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I am new to your blog. Enjoyed reading it! What a beautiful part of Gods creation you abide in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish you were here too......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make sweet tea? It is offered here now at restaurants, which was never heard of until Cracker Barrel arrived. My husband loves McDonald's sweet tea. But I don't know the ratio of sugar to add. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete