Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Being away

I have not intended to be away from the blog for so many days. Things are fine with the baby but we have had headcolds going through our home. The other two are doing much better and I am the third person one on her way to recovery. I had the typical beginnings of head stuffiness over the weekend and my cough began on Monday. For some reason I always get a cough after a cold and this time was no exception. At this point I am not really in a good place to handle a cough. I have been taking a cough syrup and that has helped tremendously.  I am thankful that yesterday was Veteran's Day as the veteran that lives here also had the day off from work yesterday and he took care of many things that I just could not get too. I also got to go to an impromtu late lunch with a dear friend who stopped by to check on me. I have been craving soup all weekend and she was going to the local Chinese resturant so I was able to have some hot and spicy soup. My taste buds are so dead from the cold that I didn't even taste any hot and spicy. But after I ate that soup and began my entree I broke out in a sweat and then became clammy. I honestly know that was the turning point in my cold. I feel much better today and slept better last night. I will still have my cough for a few days but I am used to lingering coughs. The blessings who had colds recover much faster because I have my natural remedies that they get when this type of thing begins and they have very short bouts with colds.


No new news from my DR visit on Monday. But we are now to weekly visits to the office. We are in the home stretch.


I love being home wtih these little people. I have two at the breakfast table reading and eating their breakfast. If we had to get up and leave each morning breakfast would be a little more "rushed", they can linger a little longer and read...


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. Thank goodness that souped helped so much! It was a fun lunch.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear you are getting well. I am also gald to be home with my family. I will pray for your friends you mentioned in the post above this one. Too many young moms are dying.

    Love,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete