Monday, November 3, 2008

Nature study

Today was....well, Monday. I still do not function well on Monday. I am a little tired from Sunday and our Sunday was busy and not restful at all. That translates to no nap for Mama. Of course, we accomplished our school work for the day but we had one of those "teachable, obserable moments" today. As I mentioned before we are studying flying creatures of the fifth day in science, that said, the blessings were listening to the science lesson someone spotted a magpie out of the window. Here is a picture of a magpie, I think they are prettier when in flight with that long tail of theirs.



 


It took me a while to find a picture of a little ermine since we happened to see one of these guys while looking at the magpie.


Picture - ermine peeking<br/>over a snow drift.<br/>fotosearch - search<br/>stock photos,<br/>pictures, images,<br/>and photo clipart


He scooted across the yard, he is actually a welcome sight as he is a carnivore and eats little shrews that live in and around our yard. Plus it was nice to see a different animal hanging out here in our yard. And we saw it all from the comfort of our own couch. I love living here!!!


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. That is really neat. I don't think I have seen either around here. I went out to vote this morning and did not have to wait as long as my husband. I am thinking I need to move to Alaska to be with my people. Our state is probably going democratic this time. :-/

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete