Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend update

It seems as though the weather in the lower 48 was quite active this weekend in some areas. Our weather was fine and we had a rather uneventful weekend. The menfolk went duck hunting on Saturday morning and blessing #1 shot a duck and Emmy (our lab) retrieved it for him. She is a good hunting dog other than that she leaves dog hair around for me to vacuum or swiffer. 
I am officially in that place where I get exhausted quite easily. Energy does not aboud but I am getting things done and thankfully I can sit on the couch for school work and that helps tremendously. My three hour glucose tolerance test revealed that I am tolerant of glucose and by the end of the three hours I had very low blood sugar levels to the opposite extreme that they were looking for. I could have told them that!!  I have always been that way, even when not pregnant. If I go too long without eating I can tell. I am thankful that I do not have gestational diabetes. 


Our weather is still holding out pretty good and the leaves have stayed on the trees but one good rain or wind and they will be off. The blessings have been outside quite a bit and enjoying the sunshine and playing as much as possible.


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Me too! I eat every 2 hours to keep my blood sugar level. Otherwise I am on the couch exhausted and I am not even pregnant. I heard that it helps to pair a protein with a carb, like an apple and some natural peanutbutter, or carrots with a cheese stick. If I eat things like that every 2 hours I am good to go. Doesn't always happen though. I am glad to hear you are well.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear,

    I just spent some time getting caught up on your news and my, I sure have missed a bunch. Glad you are feeling okay and that all looks good from your surgery. I'm so sorry to hear that that all happened.


    It's looking rather late fallish there by the pictures. We just spent a couple of nights up on the North Shore of Lake Superior and although the trees haven't turned much yet, it was certainly colder up there - we dressed for the occassion though.


    Only 3 months to go, woohoo. Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you are well with the glucose..sounds like you need to eat several small meals to keep the blood sugars up!! patricia

    ReplyDelete