Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moose Season

My husband and a moose came home on Tuesday evening. Therefore, yesterday and today have occupied my husband with a moose to cut up and package for the freezer. The blessings and I help with packaging but my husband does all the butchering himself at this point. I was dreading this necessary task but it hasn't been too difficult so far. I have actually cleaned and organized about 6 of the kitchen cabinets this morning. I pop outside every so often and package what is waiting for me. Back to the cabinets, I threw away quite a few lids without bowls or old sour cream containers,etc. I streamlined some of the dishes and put less frequently used ones up high and out of the way. I moved some of the everyday dishes down low since blessings empty the dishwasher. I still have a few more cabinets to go but that will be for another day. Some time in the next hour or so the grinding of burger meat will begin and I will be needed for that whole process.


Tomorrow brings a three hour glucose test. I have never had to take this one before but my test results were high from the one hour test. I just think about wasting three hours sitting at the lab waiting for the time to tick away. You can only sit so much when you are 27 weeks pregnant. I wish I had already started to knit the cardigan for the baby. I guess I can read and knit some dish clothes while I wait. From the lab I will head over to my first oncology appointment. This is just the monitoring process that I will have to go through and not any bad news. I am thankful that my husband came home before all this so that he and the blessings can spend the morning together.


 May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. You are on fire with all your posts! And I am lagging behind my normal pace! I remember all the pictures you took last year of the moose. What a blessing.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete