Thursday, October 5, 2006

School days

It has been a great desire of mine to have a family that watches very little to no television. Now, we are football fans and I do like to watch the occasional hgtv show or food network show. BUT, we are very careful with what we watch and I watch with remote in hand to block out the commercials. All that said to say this, last school year we used to settle in at 4:00 to watch a certain program. The school work was finished, dinner was cooking, and I was tired. I was determined not to do that this year. I am so glad I have stuck to it. My blessings are all sitting around the dining room table while dinner is cooking and coloring or drawing. It is a peaceful, quite time in our home. Aaahhhh!! I love it. The conversation is pleasant and all is well, I am calm, this is one of those things I have waited a long time for.


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment