Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week in Review—Week Four

Monday

Monday morning is piano day, we have our lessons bright and early Monday morning so we are up and at em’ and out the door. The Blessings work on school work while we are at piano. When we return home we have lunch and watch any dvd’s we might need to watch for school work while we are eating lunch. Since we are away from home all morning we spend all afternoon on Monday finishing up with our lessons. This upcoming week we have Tuesday lessons due to our teacher’s schedule. I think we may just go back to Tuesday lessons if this week goes better.

Tuesday

A day at home! I greatly enjoy days at home. Well, we were home until after nap time. The Big Blessings had dental cleanings.

Wednesday

Another at home day which was full of lessons. The girls studied the cardiovascular system this week. They made very simple heart models with graham crackers, frosting and marshmallows. They enjoyed this snack for sure.

 

101_5073101_5075101_5076101_5085101_5107

Thursday

Happy 10th Birthday to Judith!! In our Home School you get your birthday off. Actually, Judith and Benjamin are the only students with school year birthdays. We had a fun day at home, Judith enjoyed her presents and late that afternoon we went to the indoor mini golf and then the girls and I attended our ASL class.

101_5109

101_5172

Judith using her birthday gifts to write thank you notes.

101_5216

  Friday

Fridays in September have ben crazy! I have been taking Benjamin to the two year old story time at the library and after that we are home to grab a to go lunch and head into town for pottery class. This week was our last pottery class!! I am so glad the girls had an opportunity to take this class just as happy that I am that the class is finished.

After pottery we headed to Sam’s Club for pizza and to pick up a few items before heading home to wait for the guys to arrive home from duck hunting.

Saturday

My wonderful husband and Elisabeth went upland bird hunting so I was home with three Blessings. We had a super lazy morning (much needed for me). Right before lunch we headed out in search for any late season berries that might still be out there (I think we gathered about a cup). I am glad we ventured out, the weather was lovely. Sunny and crisp, a great late season autumnal day. During naptime I watched a couple of craft shows on PBS and did a little hand sewing while piled up with a couple of Blessings. After naptime I realized that we must eat dinner and got busy getting something together. Saturday night is full of baths, ironing and general getting ready for Sunday morning. Dad did take everyone for a four wheeler ride while I cleaned the kitchen and started ironing, that was so pleasant to do those things in complete silence. 

Sunday

Everyone was well and we were all able to attend church as a family. Elisabeth and I taught Junior Church during the worship hour. This afternoon has been quaint with some preparations for our First Sunday Fellowship at church this evening. I have spent the day posting pictures to Facebook and getting prepared for tomorrow’s lessons (and posting blog posts). My Benjamin had his nap and I hear some out of doors fall clean up going on. We rest in the winter but when the ground isn’t covered with snow, we are very much constantly “doing” something around here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week. So glad it all went well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete