Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week In Review—Week Eight

Monday

I work really hard at keeping Monday a home day. We stayed home and got busy with our lessons.

I did have the opportunity on Monday evening to attend a parent/principal function for our school program. I enjoyed visiting with fellow parents.

 

Tuesday

Tuesday mornings we head out for morning piano lessons. We drive by this flag every week. I do not think I will ever tire of seeing this large flag whipping in the wind. And yes, this is the amount of daylight at 9 a.m.

101_5276

Wednesday

Home for lessons, we have found a great groove in which to ride this school year and I am thankful.

Thursday

We worked through our morning schedule and were out the door to have lunch and play time with friends. It was a great time, all be it a bit loud but when you have eight children in one house….well, it can be noisy. But it was a good noisy with happy, playing children. Including these two two year olds. These guys didn’t get off to the best start this summer but here they are a couple of months older and they are great buds.

They pushed trains through the house and then they camped out. All such good fun.

101_5277101_5278101_5279

Benjamin was “sleeping”

101_5280101_5281

Friday

More school work but I also had a church dinner to prep for. I had one of those “You know you are a homeschool mom when you….have a Grammar lesson with your book propped open on the kitchen counter while you prepare food” kind of moments.

101_5282101_5284

We enjoyed the International dinner at church and we got to see one of our favorite missionary couples. A good time for sure.

Saturday

Judith asked to make a pie for her Maine Geography project. Saturday left Judith and I home alone and the perfect time to make a blueberry pie.

Daddy had taken the rest of the Blessings on a short scouting road trip so it was a quiet morning at home.

101_5285101_5286

The pie before going into the oven. The ME is not for me but for the postal abbreviation for Maine. Don’t tell Judith she was doing school work on Saturday.

101_5287101_5289

Elisabeth has graduated to a shotgun but our lefty didn’t have her own gun. She decided that she was ready to make this big purchase so she and Daddy went to buy her gun today. A Browning BPS 20 gauge for bird hunting and she is a great shot. This gun drops the spent shells out the bottom of the gun so this works for my lefty.

This isn’t the full gun, just the stock but I got a couple of pictures anyway.

101_5290101_5291

The finished pie and yes, I know her hair is a mess, this was late Saturday afternoon and she is 10, she is supposed to have messy hair.

101_5295101_5296

4 comments:

  1. We had a blast, and it was so fun to watch the little ones actually play together.

    I love the pie, and the gun! Isn't Alaska fun? You can bake a pie and play with a gun...and it is normal!LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some Maine pie! :-) Great week, as usual. The Creation Museum was fantastic. Like walking through the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great week. Love the pictures. The pie looks very yummy and how cool about the gun. I got my first when I was 10, though I was shooting younger than that. I'm sure she will enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't her first gun but it is her first bigger gun.

    ReplyDelete