Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week in Review--Week Five

Monday
A Monday at home, such bliss for me! We jumped headlong into our lessons for the week.

Tuesday
Up and at 'em to vote on the way to piano lessons. After piano we headed into town instead of heading home. Today was home school day at the Museum = free day! We met up with Kendra and her crew at the museum and had a grand old time seeing the sights and enjoying a few moments here and there chatting. Very few since we have eight Blessings between us! And two of them are two.

Wednesday
Just a plain old school day.

Thursday
I think this was just another day at home, pretty low key week. I enjoy low key weeks. I do know that everyone is finally getting the schedules down and they are realizing that they decide how long their school day is by how much time they waste....finally!
Judith and I went out to dinner and a little shopping, it is quite quiet with only one 10 year old with me.

Friday
Duck hunting for the guys, the season is almost finished so they only have a couple more weeks of good duck hunting weather.
Benjamin had story time at the library. He is finally beginning to watch the librarian and not the other kids.
During nap time I began cleaning the dining room walls, floor and curtains. I had to stop before I was finished to get dinner prepared.
We also made a late evening trip into town for a quick errand.

Saturday
The guys headed out for a moose hunting day but they didn't even make it to the highway when something went wrong with the truck. My wonderful husband was able to get the part replaced for free, thankful for warranties and a man that keeps his paperwork. He took Levi, Elisabeth, Benjamin and Emmy to town to get the part and he did some Sam's shopping! Yes, he is great. Judith and I enjoyed a quiet morning working through our chore lists and then she was able to talk on the phone with her friend who just moved away. (One of the downsides to living here is the ever moving revolving door in and out of Alaska) I am almost finished with the dining room and then I will move on to the kitchen! I am not used to working in such baby steps but I must need to get used to living this way for a couple more years at least?


4 comments:

  1. The museum was a fun day, and we actually learned a lot about our new home state. Thanks so much for inviting us to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week. So glad you had days at home and that your hubby could get the truck fixed for free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a productive week, I hope ours is as good this week. Too bad things don't stay clean once you are done cleaning.

    It is hard with friendships moving in/out of the area, thankfully we don't have so much of that here, but are experiencing the loss right now with just one good family that recently moved - they are only an hour away, but it seems like a million miles.

    ReplyDelete