Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last week

Last week was a good week (don't know how this one will be since allergies are making themselves known at full throttle). We are now officially on summer schedule...which means lessons three days a week with the main focus on math, spelling, science and history. I want to finish our science book before we go to the lower 48 this summer and Mystery of History Volume 1 will be finished hopefully by next week. That leaves Hideaways in History from Winter Promise to finish up. We are nearing the end of that as well (maybe 12 weeks to go).


What did we do last week? We had lessons on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with Mrs. L coming on Thursday, Friday was a bad allergy day for all of us so it was a fairly down day. Our build this week was Catherine the Great's sleigh. For some reason I found the Russian History very interesting. Saturday brought a little trip into town for some new shoes for Blessing #2 who had no summer shoes and a trip to the green house for seed potatoes and a few vegetables. We have 25 bare root strawberry plants that my strawberry loving Blessing #1 is looking forward to caring for. I am looking forward to gardening since I pretty much missed out on it last summer.


Today's news: Blessing #3 punctured her head with a nail. How you may ask? Well, we have  some firewood storage boxes built and she was playing under it and stood up too far and at the wrong place. I don't blame the blessings for enjoying playing there, they are just the right size for little people to use for houses but they will have to go elsewhere to set up housekeeping after this. She is fine and it wasn't deep but it still hurt and I was super thankful that Dad was here to take care of that episode. She and I and baby blessing stayed home from church tonight which is good because I feel as though I have cement in my nasal passages. Open leaves, open fast!!! Tree allergies are horrible but should move on quickly enough. It has also been warmer the past two days with highs in the low 70's this week!!!!!


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. We all are dealing with allergies here as well. We have never had issues before. At first I thought we had a cold, but I'm not sure. Ask your Chiro. if he does needle less acupuncture. Mine did it on my sinuses a few weeks back and man did it help. It hurts, but wow, what a difference. I'll be in there tom. getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was warmer for you all than for our camping trip at the lake! How fun. I know what you mean about allergies. I noticed a big difference at home with more pollen in the air than up north. My throat and nose feel covered in pollen! Ugh. Glad all was OK with your blessing. Have a great week.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain....allergies are driving me crazy too! I am also doing a lighter school schedule for the summer. Wish you God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete