Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Introduction

This is a whole new thing for me, so I guess I should give some background information.


I have a degree in elementary education and started out working in the public schools, but by the grace of God, I am home. My heart is committed to teaching my little blessings at home. When we had our first child I stayed home and have never looked back. It is so strange that I do not even remember homeschooling being an agonized over decision. We just seemed to naturally flow into it. Living in an area where homeschool is common did not hurt either.


I have spent many hours reading and researching education "philosophies"  and like so much about so many things about each one I learn about.  That is why I had to choose the eclectic catagory. I like the Charlotte Mason method, classical education and principle approach. So, I do not know which one we are working our way toward but we will know when we get there and we will have an enjoyable journey. My main concern is training our children to God's glory. We are working on Biblical character training and Bible memory.


We live in North Pole Alaska which is located in interior Alaska just outside of Fairbanks. We have lived here our entire married life and could not imagine living anywhere else. This is a wonderful place to raise a family. My husband and I are both from the south originally but this is home for our family. (I do miss sittin on the front porch swing with my Dad and sisters, and dark summer nights and lightening bugs!) But now I dwell in the land of the midnight sun and swat mosquitoes!!


May the Lord find us faithful!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment