Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our Week

   I enjoy Monday mornings at home. We got going a little,  very little, later than planned. We had a full morning of school and after lunch we headed to get glasses repaired, pick up more paint and then to drop Levi off at his technology class before stopping for groceries. We try to plan any errands for before or during class to get out of town before the evening rush. 
Once home we unloaded and started chores and dinner. I love Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes! We spent the evening quietly watching baseball and then I called all all floor clean up. These people here love to leave EVERYTHING in the floor and that drives me bonkers.
As soon as I got Benjamin asleep I started painting in the girls' room. I deemed it a no tv night after baseball was finished so the older three played a card game while I painted.  Tonight I finished the second coat on three walls.
I watched a couple of episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford and went to bed.

Piano morning, out the door after pancakes and sausage. I didn't hold the baby much today, but all of the older Blessings took turn about.
After piano we went to the library and didn't rush anyone. Not even myself. At home we had lunch and got to the school work of the day. Benjamin was watching a newly acquired library dvd and I joined him and fell asleep. He did not.

Play time with friends and Daddy came home from his hunting trip, no animal this time.
The Blessings got some school work accomplished. We all got to go to church together for mid-week services.

Daddy was home today but we had some school time and the Blessings gave their end of unit presentations for Daddy.
I left the house for a few minutes before dinner and when I came home Daddy was quickly fading. He has been sick for a couple of weeks and it all caught up with him. 

We nursed the sick and stayed in with Daddy just in case we had someone else get sick.
The girls and I put their room back together after painting.  The room has been cleaned, painted and the major furniture has been placed into the room. Tomorrow, we tackle the stuff.

Benjamin woke me up around 2:30 am, I figured he was next to be sick and he was. About an hour or so later he was, I will spare you the details. But we got him cleaned up, changed sheets and attempted to go back to sleep. He wad feverish and just laid around all day. When he wasn't wanting Mommy to sit with him, I would be supervising the sorting through stuff. By the end of the day, the girls had their rooms back together and the dining room and kitchen were cleared and swept and mopped. I felt an urgency to get as much accomplished as possible today. And my urgency was real.


  1. Aw, sorry to hear about sickness. I hope you didn't get sick, too.

  2. Sounds like a very productive week, sorry about the sickness though. I hope everyone is feeling better today. :)