Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Update your blog

I know I just mentioned Jenn in my last post because she asked me a question and it reminded me to post on my blog. Well, she has done it again. This week she posted this post which got me to thinking again. (We all know that is dangerous!) Remember the "good ole days" of blogging before facebook and twitter? Well, I do and I for one love my blog and reading other's blogs. But life gets in the way and I don't have good pictures and oh, wait, I am making excuses! No excuses....here is our update.


I have a cold or something...I woke up with a sore throat Sunday and Monday I woke up full blown sick. Right now I feel as though someone has beaten my back and an elephant is sitting on my chest, my hips even hurt, oh, yeah and someone is covering my nose so I can't breath very well. Sometimes I am cold and sometimes I am just fine. I am otherwise okay. I can function at home and I have maintained school this week minus my reading aloud due to sore throat and nasal issues. I am not sick very often so I will be glad when this is over.


Now that THAT is over with...we have really had a good week despite my illness. School keeps moving on and we are taking a break from some of our usual lessons and keeping some of the normal but we are working on  The Twelve days of Christmas free lapbook from Homeschool Share . I don't know if the song really was some secret Christian catechism but I thought this information was great to get us focused on Christ during December. Do you know about Homeschool share? It is a gold mine of information especially if you are a FIARer or a lapbook/notebook person.


Our tree is up but no ornaments. I honestly think that this is the latest I have ever put up the tree and gotten out the decorations. I bought a prelit tree this year so at least we could have a lit tree today. Tomorrow the boxes are coming out of storage and ornaments are going onto the trees regardless of my personal health.


The girl blessings are going to attend an ice skating clinic tomorrow for a little ice skating instruction. I am thankful that my husband (who is recovering from what I have) is taking the afternoon off from work to take them. He is definitely a keeper. That leaves me home with two boys and hopefully I can do a little extra house work in preparation for decorating.


What kind of gingerbread project do we have planned this year? Thanks for asking. We are planning a "village" which means everyone will decorate their own little "house".


I must get some sleep.. but first...speaking of sleep. Baby Blessing has not been a great napper and has woke up at least once a night for the first 11 months of his life. Well, all that waking up on my part is finally getting repaid. He is sleeping longer at night, like 10 hours and he is taking at least one long nap a day and sometimes two. This morning he didn't wake up until 9:00, which I greatly appreciated as I could sleep in as well. Do you also know that he will be ONE next week. Where has this year gone??? Time flies when you are having fun.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment