Saturday, March 7, 2009

For my family

Oh my, I just can't seem to post regularly any more at all! Maybe it is because of Facebook and seeming so in touch with many of my friends...oh well, none the less, the blog does need attention.


What have we been up to..surviving. I'm thankful not to be moving like Jenn is so bravely doing. We are schooling and cooking and cleaning and as Pollyanna says just living. (If you haven't read Pollyanna you should! Go to your library and check it out) I have been enjoying making bread again and planning and cooking meals for my family. I have enjoyed having azure standard co-op to order from and have enjoyed their organic fuji apples, yummy! I have been researching whole foods and have made kefir, we have been enjoying kefir smoothies with spinach, don't tell the blessings, they don't know that the spinach is in there!!!


While Pa-pa was here we were finally able to dedicate blessing #4, we were waiting for our Pastor Emeritus to be there, he was not able to attend services for a while. I realized after I uploaded this picture that my husband was directing Pa-pa to move to the other side for picture taking...oh well, my eyes were closed!!


Februarypics036.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


Bathing the baby is a huge deal around here. Only once have I had the chance to bath him alone. There are always two or three people standing behind me watching. Actually, it is nice because they hand me things and get wash cloths and towels and diapers, etc. This baby will grow up thinking that everyone must watch him take a bath!!


March2009003.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


Isn't this robe adorable...gifts, gotta love them, I wouldn't have bought a robe!


We use the dryer as a changing table during bath time.


March2009008.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


I took baby blessing outside for a very short time today.


March2009015.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


March2009021.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


We got quite a large snowfall on Thursday and wind for Thursday and Friday, here is a picture of a snow drift next to our house.


March2009024.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Dad, I will do better about blogging but you really should get on Facebook.....


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I absolutely adore all those pictures! The little one is soooo cute! And the dedication picture precious. Congratulate your little girl on being brave enough to get her ears punched - she looks very grown up with earrings :) And Facebook - I love it! Please add me when you get a chance - Karen Quinn-Owen Would love to be able to keep up with you that way.


    That fish you cooked is interesting - never saw anything like it before. Your family is a joy to read about.

    ReplyDelete