Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weekly????

What did we do these past seven days?


Last week our Hideaway in History was an English castle. Here is our three wing castle:


I didn't get a full picture but here it is tower and flags included.


January2009232.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


Looking out of the tower:


January2009221.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Last Tuesday we also made strawberry cupcakes for Valentine's Day, I did not know that I like strawberry cupcakes until last week. Yes, I do like them Sam I Am.


January2009216.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Wednesday was a normal school day at home and Thursday and Friday was a testing day for Blessing #1. On Thursday the girls and I visited with friends in town and we made egg rolls. This was my first time and they were yummy. I just realized I didn't take pictures of the egg roll making, shame on me.


On Friday, the other blessings and I were able to stay home and Dad did the testing drop off and pick up. On the way home they picked up bunk beds for the girls...the beds were damaged so back they went Saturday morning and bunk beds for the boys room came home instead.


January2009260.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


We are all adjusting to having a baby in the house. Yatzee anyone?


January2009222.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And on Sunday we had a birthday in our house.


January2009270.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Yes, Dad's birthday was this weekend. We found Steelers plates and napkins due to the Super Bowl so we decided on a Steelers theme for Dad's birthday table. I also made him a new recipe called Duck Bog. It was actually very good and a new favorite of his, finally a way to use up all that duck in the freezer.


January2009273.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


I must go, blessing #4 is hungry.....wait, speaking of blessing #4 here is his picture of the week. Daddy can always make our babies smile and laugh first...I can't believe he is now 8 weeks old.


January2009254.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry Otis, with all the craziness going on at my house, I forgot your b-day. I'm coming all the way to Alaska to tell you happy birthday, see ya in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are all doing a great job adjusting. Look at the party you were able to pull off! The cake alone would be enough to send me into a tizzy! Your little guy sure is getting big. And the castle looks like a big hit as well.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of #4! It's always so sweet to see your hubby w/ him. He obviously likes him a lot. :o) The castle looks like lots of fun (and work).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your update. the cupcakes look yummy and blessing #4 looks even better! lol Just want to kiss those cheeks! Happy Birthday to dad! And a big hello to your other three blessings. Funny how I've become so attached to someone I've never met :)

    ReplyDelete