Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Cookies

It is so much fun to get together with other families for fun times of fellowship. Monday we decorated cookies with two other families with Blessings from 3-13. This is one of the great things about home education is the integration of family in everyday living. Life in our home doesn't revolve around each child's separate social calendar. There are times when something occurs that involves only one child, but that is not our norm. We are a little different from many families and we are fine with that. I think our children are the better off for our choices as well.
Onto the pictures, we visited the Queen of Brussels Sprouts and her crew and her neighbor. I need a neighbor.





7 comments:

  1. Looks like soooooo much fun! Happy B-late'ed Valentines Day.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! My kids decorated cookies while Steven and I went to a V-Day banquet. They did about ten of them and ate about half of that. Oh well. I did the rest later and they are so tasty! Glad you and yours had fun. I have a neighbor now! She's only 3 miles away. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was telling "The Queen" at her blog that I was a mean mom this year and did not bake. Maybe next year I will be able to trust myself in a room of cookies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did fine while we were decorating, with all that sugar on my hands I couldn't even think about eating a cookie. I snacked on veggies after the cookies were done and the kids were loudly playing. I did eat one before dinner and then another after.

      Delete
  4. We had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete