Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bees

It dawned on me a little while back that I am not documenting our learning processes as I once did. I have been more focused on the family aspect of things, but then we are HOMEschoolers, so that explains that. I have been putting together a little study on bees and we began by reading Parables from Nature by Mrs. Alfred Gatty. We read the section called Law of Authority and Obedience which is about bees. Then I did my research mainly using homeschool share ( I love that place and I am thankful for those who have gone before me and made my way a little easier), gathered what I wanted and presented it to the blessings. They love lapbooks but I do not like them because of the storage of finished lapbooks, I was not in the proper organization mode to put together a notebook this week. (Any hints on lapbook storage?) Lapbook it was and lapbook it will be.  Today I read from this book about bees and we read about the worker bee today.


March2008029.jpg image by kaysmarmey                      March2008028.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Here is my stack of papers for them to choose from.


March2008030.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Today they cut out a bee life cycle wheel


March2008041.jpg image by kaysmarmey


and wrote what a worker bee's job is. Blessing #1 wanted to know why they females went out to work!


Did you know that a bee has 5 eyes? 2 compound and 3 simple eyes. They do.


The whole time he was cutting he was talking non-stop!


March2008032.jpg image by kaysmarmey


March2008033.jpg image by kaysmarmey


March2008043.jpg image by kaysmarmey


March2008042.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Thank you for checking in with us today, I am getting a little better at keeping things updated now. Also, please pray as tomorrow morning is court date for sweetheart's traffic citation. We really want it to be dismissed as he should have never been given the ticket in the first place.


 May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. We've never done a lapbook but I'd love to try. I admit, I'm getting very overwhelmed with homeschooling ~ not that there's any choice in the matter as far as we're concerned but I don't feel like we're accomplishing much. Reading about *your* day, spurs me on in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been praying about it!! pv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lessons in action posts. I need to do more myself. How did the court decision go?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are doing them, and a two gallon ziplock baggie when we done. We've only done one so far though! ;>D


    Carol

    ReplyDelete