Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Gladiators and Caesars in Rome Week 6 Plus a little family life thrown in for the fun of it

It seems as though I am the weekly blogger at this point in my life. I know it will get better especially when we have little precious baby pictures to post. Only 9 more weeks left!!!


I think I mentioned last week that we have friends that just moved back to Alaska from the lower 48, we have had their two dogs a Chessie and a Lab since their arrival last Monday. Thankfully, their dogs are garage and outside dogs so I do not have three dogs in my house. I couldn't get a picture of the Chessie but here are the labs checking each other out. The three dogs look so cute together as they are a yellow lab, chocolate lab (ours) and the Chessie which is a mocha brown.


 


October2008002.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Last week we did not do a build  with our Winter Promise plus the week was all wonky due to sickness and busyness with the arrival of our friends.


Back to our regularly scheduled Hideaways in History. Rome.....


Our build for this week was to build the Colosseum. I have decided that Dad is a much better builder so he gets the priviledge of building as much as possible.


Taping the boxes together.


October2008004.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


A little help from big sister, yes my girls wear hats almost all of the time. Don't ask me why.


October2008007.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


October2008009.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Trying out the Colosseum.


October2008010.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


This online book about gladiators was a fun read for us yesterday. It reinforced what we learned and was a good visual reinforcement.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment