Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Caribou, I forgot the caribou!

We also eat  caribou, which is also hunted! My husband got one of those this year also.


My husband and son did not get any fish when they went ice fishing on Monday !! But they have fun riding the snowmachines anyway. (Side note here: They did go ice fishing on Saturday and caught the Northern Pike that we had last night for dinner)


Also on Monday, I know I have posted about the moose in our yard before but  there was another one in the yard munching down on some willow branches when we drove in from piano and she barely moved when I drove past her!! She was bold. I wish I would have had my camera as I could have gotten a good close pic of her from the van.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your weather thing says it is -40 there!!! It's hard to believe we are almost 80 degrees warmer than you right now!!! OK!!! I will NOT complain about the cold (It's 36 degrees here)!! I bet the fish tastes really good up there. I love fish but I'm not sure if I could get use to moose or carriboo. It must be amazing to see animals like moose just wondering into your yard. Here, we get excited if we happen to see a deer standing near the road as we drive by, I can't image a moose just wondering by. Thanks for sharing your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing it would be to have access to so many different foods. I bet that really helps your grocery bill. I was wondering if you have a garden in the summer? Do plants really grow bigger because of the longer growing season like I've seen on TV? Keep warm! Jenn

    ReplyDelete